Thursday 31 August 2017

Gingham Card & Patchwork Block

Hello Everyone

It's been a wee while since my last post - I've been busy enjoying the last days of summer and a visit from my middle grandson ... the one that's a chef working away in Shetland - which meant that, unfortunately, I wasn't able to join in with yesterday's WOYWW.

However, I do have a couple of crafty makes to share today.

First up is this card.
It was made for the UKPC group challenge for August. The challenge BJ set us for this month was to use something gingham so I dug out an old paper pad and a some gingham ribbon as the basis for this card.

Supplies used:

  • white square scalloped-edged card base - Make & Create from my local The Works shop
  • a sheet of blue gingham patterned paper from the For Men pad (2010) from Wild Rose Studio, trimmed to fit the from of the base card leaving a small margin
  • snippet of blue cardstock to make the base of the topper. 
  • scallop edge square die from a set from The Works online store
  • flower Stickeroo topper (Penny Black - sorry, no name) backed on to a snippet of white cardstock and trimmed to fit the inside of the scallop edge die-cut
  • snippet of navy blue cardstock 
  • butterfly die, also from The Works online store. The tiny hearts are the waste from the die cut
  • navy blue ribbon to decorate.

Lots of snippets used here so I'm submitting this card to Pixie's Snippets Playground for this fortnight.

Also the current Butterfly Challenge where the challenge is for Y is for You Choose and/or Wedgewood Blue


And just because I've succeeded in making one here's my pinwheel block - the first I've ever made.
I think I mentioned in a previous post that the craft group I go to on Thursdays - Cake and Crafting with Shuttermonkey - has been challenged to make a quilt to be exhibited at a show, in the SECC Glasgow, in March next year. The colours we've chosen are black and white with a touch of red. I made this block with the help of a lady called Jean Truelove who demonstrated just how easy it is to make on this You Tube video.

That's it for me today. Apologies for being such an irregular blogger at the moment. I blame the summer - it's so distracting! Hopefully, as winter approaches I will find more time for the craft room and crafting. Today, however, I'm off out to the craft club to enjoy a bit of tea, cake, chat, oh, and crafting, with the ladies who craft.

You're comments are all welcome - I enjoy reading them immensely - and I will do my best to respond when I get back from the club.

I wish you all a lovely fun and crafty day.

3 comments:

Di said...

Really pretty snippets card Elizabeth - and I do like the second one as well! Aren't Stickeroos useful as well - your snippets card is a smasher!

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

Ooooh these cards are so wonderful!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Elizabeth, I do love the Stickeroos. They are so handy when you don't have a digi or stamp to hand. Love how you have used the waste hearts from the butterfly . Brilliant idea. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.